In the age of online shopping, it’s becoming increasingly popular for retailers to price match their competitors. Target.com is one such retailer offering this service to their customers, but how generous are they? There are many things you would like to know about Target.com. Find out in this article!
Does Target have Price Match Policy?
Yes. Target offers a price match policy, which we will discuss later in this article. If you find an item at Target Store and later find it at a lower price on Target.com or its online competitors, you should bring proof, and they will price match for you.
Does Target Offer Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes. If you buy an item from Target in-store or on Target.com and the price later lowers at Target or select competitors within 14 days of purchase, they will make a price adjustment for you.
Price Match Criteria:
Like any retailer, Target has criteria for price matching, which, if you learn that you wouldn’t waste your time when it comes to price matching, becomes a bit easier:
- The first thing to make sure is when you want to price match an item, its price should be valid at the price match. Target reserves the right to validate/verify the competitor’s advertised price and the item’s availability.
- Target will price match against other target stores and target.com.
- Suppose an item is found on a competitor’s website at a lower price. In that case, the customer must prove the original purchase date with their current receipt or order confirmation number for the price match to occur.
- The item on Target.com must be identical in style and size to the item purchased at Target.
- Target price matches its stores like this: Target in-store price matches Target.com, and Target.com price matches Target in-store. However, Target in-store wouldn’t price match other Target stores.
- If you are using Target App for price matching, make sure the app must be showing the price of that store’s location.
Price Match Process at Target:
If you’re trying to price match at Target, the following steps are helpful:
- You should bring proof of purchase for a price match for the item to confirm, such as when the item was ordered.
- For Target’s price match policy to take effect, you’ll need to compare the exact item (brand name, size, color, etc.).
- Price matches can be made either in-store or online with their website Target.com.
- The price match must be valid when you make the price match request within 14 days of purchase at Target or select competitors.
There are some exclusions at Target store and Target.com for a price match, which you have to understand:
- Target will not honor manufacturer’s coupons, discounts, or promotions for purposes of price matching.
- Target will not price match items on clearance, sale items (including Target.com), refurbished products, limited quantity offers, coupons, gift cards, online exclusive discounts/promotions, and free shipping promotions.
- Pricing errors are excluded from Target’s price matching policy. Other than that, special discounts like Amazon Prime or Amazon Fresh Exclusive offers are also excluded.
- Target GiftCard or prepaid gift card is also excluded.
- Other exclusions are the marketplace items from the third-party sellers.
Target Price Adjustment Process:
Price Adjustment at Target is simple. If you find the same item priced lower from Target or Target.com within 14 days of purchase, here is what you need to do:
- Once you know that an item you purchased from Target has a lower price within 14 days of your purchase, you should bring a receipt with the purchase date of that item. They will adjust the price for you and will refund you the price difference.
- Someone at Target can price adjust for you on any store, so going to the same store isn’t necessary where you purchased that item.
- If you have purchased an item from Target.com, you can call its Guest Services number: 1-800-591-3869.
Target Competitors’ List:
Here is Target’s Competitors list which is eligible for Target.com Price Match:
So if you want to price match any item at Target, you should make sure these are from the above list. If these aren’t, you can’t price match that item at Target.com.
Some Questions and Answers:
So you learned the price match and price adjustment policy at Target Store and Target.com. The good thing is their price match policy is simple to understand. But you may still have questions, so here are some questions and answers:
Can you price match Target gift cards?
You can’t price match gift cards at Target or Target.com. You also can’t price match any marketplace items from third-party sellers on Target.com.
Are the clearance items included in the price match?
You can’t match the prices of items on Target.com or in stores that are already sold out. Target will not honor any manufacturer’s coupons, discounts, or promotions for price matching purposes (for example – Black Friday Deals). You also need 14 days from the date of purchase at the Target store or Target.com before you request price adjustment with them.
Q: What are Target.com’s exclusions?
A: Target will not price match items on clearance, sale items (including Target.com), refurbished products, limited quantity offers, coupons, gift cards, online exclusive discounts/promotions, or free shipping promotions.
Some other exclusion examples include marketplace items and third-party sellers at Target.com.
Summary of this article:
The price match and adjustment policy can be a little complicated, but you now have all the information you need to know how it works. If there is anything we didn’t cover in this article or still have questions about pricing at Target, please leave them below!