Bestbuy is one of the best and popular electronic stores in the USA, which offers the best quality products at very affordable prices. It was founded on August 22, 1966, by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in Minnesota, USA. It provides many excellent services to its customers to make it convenient for shopping.
Does Best Buy Offer a Price Match Policy?
Yes. Not only does Best Buy offer a price match to its consumers, but it is pretty convenient for them. Once you find any product at their competitors, you can visit the Best Buy store and show the competitor’s website or ad as proof to any employee at Best Buy, and they will review and verify that price matches for you.
Does BestBuy Price Match Online?
Yes. To price-match online at BestBuy.com, you can request it by using their phone number or chat, whatever is convenient for you. They will price match for you online.
Does BestBuy Offer a Price Adjustment Policy?
Price adjustment works differently at BestBuy. It happens if they have shipped you an item, and before it is delivered to you, the price drops. If that happens, BestBuy will refund you 100% of the price difference.
Price Match Criteria:
So you want to know the price match criteria of Best Buy, of course, you want to buy from this store. Best Buy price matches all local competitors, including their online stores. Here are its criteria:
- The item should be identical in shape, size, color, and model. In other words, the item should be the same, which you want to price match.
- Any item you want to price match must be immediately available at the competitor’s store or the website. It shouldn’t be out of stock at the time of price match request to be eligible.
- Best Buy price matches one item per person at a time.
- The items shouldn’t be clearance or open-box.
- If you find an item at their Store, you can price match online, and similarly, you can also price match an online item on BestBuy.com at Best Buy Store.
Price Match Process:
Best Buy has a simple process for a price match, but you have to understand. Here are a few steps you can follow to price match at Best Buy:
- Once you figure out an item you want to price match, you should go to a Customer Service desk at the Best Buy store to request a price match.
- There you tell them about that available item at their competitor at a lower price. They will review the item, verify, and price match for you.
There are two ways BestBuy.com handles the price match requests online. Phone and chat.
- By phone, you can call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and tell them about that product which is available at a lower price at Best Buy’s competitor.
- Another option is by using their chat. It can be simple, but BestBuy.com reserves the right to limit price match requests made by chat.
- But you should remember one thing: you can’t complete a BestBuy.com price match request in their stores or by email.
Here are some exclusions which will not be eligible for a price match at BestBuy.
- BestBuy has a specific list of its competitors. Those who aren’t on their list are excluded from the price match. (Please keep reading, we will discuss the competitors’ list later in this article).
- The items sold by the third-party sellers on the website are excluded.
- These are not included in the price match:
- My Best Buy® members.
- Discounts related to the non-warehouse membership are not price matched.
- Loyalty offers.
- Paid loyalty programs.
- Government exchange store offers.
- Other offers made by competitors such as contract cell phones, service prices, pre-order offers, trade-in offers, and holiday offers are excluded from the price match.
- Other than that, any subscription services and bundle offers are also excluded.
- Out of stock or refurbished items will not be price matched.
Price Adjustment Process:
Price adjustment is something when you purchase an item from a store, and when it has lowered in price in a given time, you can get a partial refund on that. Best Buy also has a price adjustment policy, and here is how you can go through to request a price adjustment on this retailer in a few easy steps:
- Once you know the item you have purchased from BestBuy has a lower price the next day or in the next few days of purchase, you can contact them by email. In the email, you should include your full name, phone number, the customer service PIN, which you can find on the purchase receipt (if you have any). Other than that, you will also have to go through their Price Match Guarantee page, to find out if your purchase is eligible for price adjustment.
- One of the simple ways to request a price match is by using BestBuy.com Forums. There are some customer services representatives as Mods on that forum. Here you can find out how price adjustments are handled online as an example. So if you want to go through this process, you should create a new request on this forum and send them a private message with your details, such as full name, email, and phone number, described in the above paragraph.
- There is also another method, for example, if you purchased an item from them and later it has a lower price. So, you should go to your orders and then select the “return” item, and as a reason for returning: select “I have found it at a lower price. This way, you will have to go through a price match. Other methods of doing this are calling them or chatting with their representatives to get this done easily.
Best Buy Price Match Competitors’ List:
BestBuy price matches most retailers, but here are some major retailers BestBuy price matches with:
- HP.com and
Some Questions and Answers:
So you learned about BestBuy price match and price adjustment. But you may still have questions. Here are some questions and answers:
What is the BestBuy price match policy?
BestBuy matches prices from select retailers. They do not price match competitors’ offers outside these retailers, including their offers and promotions such as coupons or rebates.
What is the BestBuy price adjustment process?
Best Buy provides a Price Match Guarantee, and you can request an online or in-store price match. If the item has gone down in price within 14 days of purchase, they will offer that difference as store credit when returning to the store with the receipt.
Summary of the Article:
We hope this article has been helpful and that you better understand BestBuy’s price match policy. If there are any questions, please let us know in the comments below!