Staples is a major office supply and office-based products retailer that was founded in 1986. They are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Staples offers a price match and many other customer service options to make shopping easier for their customers.
If you have any questions about Staples pricing or need help finding the right product, please read this article!
Does Staples Offer a Price Match?
Yes. Here is how its price match works: If you find an identical item at a lower price at Staples’ competitor, you can show proof of lower price. Once they verify it, they will price match for you. The detailed process is explained later in this article.
Does Staples Store Have Price Match Policy Online?
No. Staples only price matches store items, not online.
Does Staples Offer a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes. Staples offers price adjustment on products that you purchase from Staples within the last 14 days. So, if you find an item you purchased from them and later its price is reduced at their store or their competitor, you can request a price adjustment at Staples.
Price Match Criteria:
Staples offers a price match on its products, but you should also know what its criteria are when it comes to price matching:
- Items must be identical. They must have the same model, color, and US warranty.
- The item must be in stock at the time of the price match request. The out-of-stock items will not be price matched.
- If the item is related to the wireless phone plan, the plan and provider should be the same.
- The Staples will price match one item per person at a time.
Price Match Process:
The price match process can be easy at Staples only if you understand how it works. Here is how the Staples Store price matches:
- Price match works at Staples store by going there with proof of lower item at its competitor’s store.
- So when you have proof of lower price at its competitor, you can bring that to the Staples store and look for an associate at their customer desk at the local store near to you. Staples reserves the right to accept or reject your price match request.
- The associate will review the competitor’s ad for an identical item, and if it is a lower price, they will match that. The Staples employee will then tell you the adjusted price of your purchase at their store.
- Once they make sure your item is eligible for a price match, they will not only price match but will also give a 10% discount on the difference. Staples store clearly says on their website: 110% Price Match Guarantee.
There are some exclusions at Staples store, so it is better to learn about these not to go there and maybe waste your time without knowing about them. Here are the exclusions:
- Staples doesn’t price match local or special events. It doesn’t matter if the events are on Staples or their competitors. Both ways, these are not price matched.
- These items will not be price matched:
- Tech Services
- Print & Marketing services
- Products that third-party vendors produce
- Gift Cards
- Phone Cards
- Other than that, they also do not match:
- Typographical errors
- Merchandise credits
- Contracted prices
Price Adjustment Process:
The price adjustment process is similar to many other stores. Here is how price adjustment works at Staples:
- If you buy something at Staples within the last 14 days, and its price becomes lower because of a sale, then you can get your money back. The customer can request a price adjustment by visiting their local Staples store.
- Make sure you bring the purchase receipt with you as proof of purchase at the Staples store.
- Once they approve your price adjustment request, they will refund you the difference.
- But you should know that the price adjustment request can be made by going to that store, so calling them on their phone or sending an email wouldn’t be the right thing to do.
Staples Price Match Competitors List:
Staples has Amazon.com as its price match competitor (Marketplace sellers are excluded) and other retailers who sell their products in both retailer stores and online, but these should be selling under the same brand.
Some Questions and Answers:
So you learned about Staples Price Match Policy, but you may still have questions. Here are some questions and answers which can help you learn more about Staples:
How Staples price match items with coupons?
Staples will deduct any coupons on their products at the time of calculating the price match.
Staples’ competitor offers rebates or discounts for an item. How Staples’ price match that specific item?
If a competitor adds rebates, discounts, or gift cards for a given product, Staples will not take these discounts into account when price matching that item.
Is free shipping included in Staples’ price match?
If the competitor offers free shipping, then Staples will also offer the same.
Summary of this Article:
Thank you for reading this article! We are confident that by learning about Staples’s price match and their other policies, you will be able to take advantage of the next sale at your nearest store. If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know in the comments below or through our contact page. Again, thank you so much for taking time out of your day today to read this blog post – it means a lot!