Sears is one of the most well-known retailers globally with a rich history and millions of customers. Sears has always been committed to providing its customers with quality products at competitive prices, which is why Sears price matches its competitors for in-store or online products.
Let’s take a look at how Sears’ price match and adjustment policies work:
Does Sears Offer a Price Match Policy?
Yes. Sears will match the price for anything you find at their local competitors at a lower price. If the item is identical to the one which is at Sears.com, they will price match for you. For requesting a price match, you will have to bring the advertisement to an associate at Sears.com, and they will price match the item.
Does Sears Price Match Online?
Yes. If you find an item at a competitor’s website online at a lower price, including its shipping costs, you can request a price match at Sears. For this, you will have to bring a printed advertisement to the Sears local store. After the confirmation of the price match eligibility, Sears will price match that item for you.
Does Sears Offer a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes. If you purchased an item from the Sears store within the last 30 days and find an identical item at a lower price at its competitors, you can request a price at Sears, and they will refund you the difference.
Price Match Criteria:
Sears has a price match criteria which you would like to know if you are willing to request a price match for anything at Sears. Here are some requirements:
- The item you want to price match must be identical, which means the model number and brand must be the same.
- The product shouldn’t be on a holiday sale or any related offer.
- The requested item for the price match should be available at the competitor’s store (and isn’t out of stock) at the time of purchase.
- When an out-of-stock item occurs at its competitors, Sears will offer an equal or better item at the advertised price.
- The Sears price match must be for the same quantity or size of the item.
Price Match Process:
Sears has a simple process to price match its competitors. Here is how to request a price match at Sears:
In-Store Price Match:
- Once you find an available product at a lower price at Sears’ competitor, you should bring the proof of that advertisement and show it to any associate at the Sears store.
- If that requested item is eligible, they will verify and price match for you.
- You also should make sure that the item would only be eligible on the day of purchase.
Online Price Match:
- The online process can be simple, but you have to fill a form to request a price match online. Here is the price match form. The form requires you to add your item number and item description, and other information like the competitor’s name and address where you found the item to proceed with your price matching request.
- To be eligible for an online price match, the item at the competitor’s store should be available for sale and delivery to your address.
Aside from the price match policy, there are some exclusions in price matching. For example, many kinds of offers and deals can’t be price matched at Sears. Here are some exclusions:
- Sears has excluded some items from price matching, such as those on closeout prices, sale, and/or clearance.
- Sears wouldn’t price match damaged or returned items.
- Services like installation and assembly are not price matched.
- The online price match doesn’t include stores from Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
- Typographical errors are also excluded from the price match.
- Sears will not price match items offered by its competitors on Thanksgiving Day and through the Wednesday of Thanksgiving day, bonus offers, special offers, bundled offers, or rebates.
Price Adjustment Process:
Sears has the price adjustment named Price Protection. If you purchase something on Sears and within 30 days if the prices get lower on Sears, you get a refund difference. But here is how to claim a price adjustment at Sears:
- If you want to claim a price adjustment, you should go with your receipt to the Sears store where you purchased that item.
- If you purchased the item from Sears.com instead of a store, you could fill the form which Sears.com gives. Here is the link to that form.
- Once your request is approved, you will be given a refund difference.
But it would be best if you also remembered that several items aren’t eligible for Sears Price Protection Policy. The items include:
- Apparel clearance merchandise
- Conditional Online Only Special Offers
Price Match Competitors of Sears:
Sears doesn’t have a specific competitor’s list, but they have described it on their website that all the competitors in the same market and should have a reasonable distance from their store.
Some Questions and Answers:
So you learned about Sears price match and price adjustment policies, but you may still have some questions. Here are some questions and answers to help you with that:
What are the exclusions for Sears’ policy?
The items excluded from their Price Protection Program include, but are not limited to, apparel clearance merchandise, conditional online-only special offers, sales/clearance/closeout prices on an item for which they are closing out inventory at a lower price.
Sears has the right to refuse any price adjustment claim. Sears does not match competitor’s prices for services such as installation and assembly. Typographical errors are excluded from Sears’ policy.
Does the Sears store require membership for price matching?
To price match at Sears.com, you should be a member, and when you want to request a price match, you should also bring your Sears membership card.
Summary of the Article:
We hope this article has helped you learn about the price match policy and adjustment at Sears. If you have any questions, please ask in the comments below or email us directly with your question. We will make sure to answer your questions.