Crutchfield is a North American electronics retailer that has been in the business for more than 50 years. The company specializes in audio and video equipment for your car, as well as home or portable use.
This article explains price match and adjustment policies at Crutchfield. So without wasting your time, let’s get right to it…
Does Crutchfield Offer a Price Match In-Store?
No. Crutchfield doesn’t offer a price match in-store. Though they have many physical stores, they do not price match at their stores.
Does Crutchfield Offer a Price Match Online?
Yes. If you find an identical item at their competitor at a lower price, you can request the price match at their phone number or by chat. But you should show them the proof of that lower price.
Does Crutchfield have a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes. They have a 60 days price adjustment policy. If you purchase an item at the Crutchfield and later find out that the item has the lower price at their store or competitor, you can request a price adjustment.
Price Match Criteria:
After learning they offer a price match, it is essential to know about their criteria. By their criteria, they mean several items or deals should meet their criteria to be eligible for the price match at the Crutchfield store. Here are the requirements:
- Their first criteria are, the items must be identical at the competitor and the Crutchfield.
- The item you want to request the price match for should be in stock at the competitor and the Crutchfield store.
- The delivery time frame of both items at the competitor and Crutchfield should be similar to be eligible for the price match.
- They will match the delivered price. For example, the price should include the shipping costs with the item’s price to be eligible for the price match.
Price Match Process:
The process of the Crutchfield for price match is more manageable. But it is essential to learn how to request the price match. Here is the process at the Crutchfield:
- Once you find an identical item at the competitor, you should contact Crutchfield’s phone number or chat with proof of the lower price.
- Here is their phone number: 1-844-680-6045.
- Here is the link to their Live Chat: https://www.crutchfield.com/support/ContactUs.aspx
But what if you don’t know their customer service timings, you may not be able to contact them. So, you should make sure to chat or call them at the right time.
Here are their Customer Service times to be available for phone or the Live Chat:
9 am – 8 pm est
10 am – 7 pm est
The exclusions in price matching mean several items or deals can’t be price matched at the Crutchfield store. By learning about these exclusions, you would already know if your item can be price matched at the Crutchfield store. This way, you wouldn’t waste your time trying to request the price match for an item. Here are the exclusions for the price match:
- The financing offers or bundled offers are not price matched.
- Items like car security and remote start products are excluded from the price match.
- Pre-ordered, open-boxed, or refurbished items are not price matched.
- Any items on sale on Holidays like Thanksgiving through the Monday after Thanksgiving are not price matched.
Price Adjustment Process:
Crutchfield has a price adjustment policy. It is simple to understand, but you have to learn how to request this at the Crutchfield. Here is the process:
- If you purchase an item at Crutchfield and within 60 days its price becomes lower at the Crutchfield or its competitors, you can request a price adjustment by going to their website.
- Once they verify the item, such as if it is eligible, they will adjust the item’s price, and they will refund you the price difference.
I contacted their customer service to find more about this.
Here is what they replied:
“Actually you will need to call our customer service line or chat with one of us. We will take care of you. Just keep in mind that it needs to be within 60 days of the purchase for us to price match the item. “
So that is what they say. It is that simple to request a price adjustment online.
They do not price adjust in-store, but it is done online.
Crutchfield Price Matching Competitors List:
Like many stores, the Crutchfield store has price match competitors. By knowing about these competitors, you will know which are eligible for the price match. Here is the list:
Some Questions and Answers:
So in this article, you learned about price match and adjustment policies about the Crutchfield store. But like many people, you may still have many questions about these policies. Here are some questions and answers:
When was Crutchfield founded?
Crutchfield was founded in 1974.
Who owns Crutchfield?
Bill Crutchfield owns Crutchfield.
What does Crutchfield sell?
The Crutchfield store sells electronics for the home, office, or on the go, like mobile audio and video equipment and speakers, televisions, and other electronic products. They also offer car security gear and remote start technology to keep cars safe.
Does Crutchfield have a price adjustment policy?
Yes, they offer their customers the chance to refund when an identical item is found at another retailer for less than what you paid in-store with proof of purchase. The process involves going to crutchfield.com and submitting your request online within 60 days following the date of purchase.
Summary of this Article:
I hope that this article has helped you with your shopping for the perfect sound system. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible! Thank you so much for reading our blog post on Crutchfield’s price match and adjustment policies.