It’s no secret that Kohl’s is one of the most well-known retailers in the United States. Kohl’s has been around for over half a century, and Kohls’ stores can be found nationwide. This article will look at Kohl’s Price Match policy to see how it works on its website.
Does Kohl’s Offer Price Match?
Yes. Kohl’s offers a price match policy. Once you request a price match, they will match the competitor’s in-store pricing and Kohls.com’s online pricing (you should remember that Kohl’s in-store prices may be different than online pricing).
Does Kohl’s Price Match Online?
Yes. You should present your mobile phone device and show them the low price at the competitors you have found. To complete this process, an associate will use a Kohl’s device to verify the price match.
Does Kohl’s Offer a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes. They offer a price adjustment policy. Of course, it isn’t good when you purchase an item and later it has a sale price. But Kohl’s price adjusts and refunds you the price difference. But your item must fulfill some requirements which you will learn later in this article.
Price Match Criteria:
Like many other manufacturers, Kohl’s also has price match criteria. Here is how their Price match criteria work:
One thing in the price match criteria most stores use is:
The item must be identical.
But I contacted their customer support to know that what else is in their criteria?
Here is what they replied:
- A competitor can be any national retailer that has a brick-and-mortar (physical) store and a website. Some examples of stores we are able to price match include Best Buy, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart, etc.
- The price match must take place on the same day the competitor is advertising the sales price.
- The item should not be an exclusive of the competitor. For example, Target sells a Dyson DC25 Red vacuum that customers request to price match with our Dyson DC25 (the Yellow Multi Floor Upright Vacuum or the Purple Animal). The red one is a Target exclusive and cannot be price matched.
- If you have a coupon to use, we can only offer up to an additional 15% off the sale price when price matching. Simply, we can honor the competitor’s sale price with the coupon up to 15% or the current Kohl’s price with the entire coupon value.
As you can see there are many things above in their criteria which I came to know when contacting their customer support. This information isn’t elsewhere, not even on their website.
Price Match Process:
The price match process at Kohl’s is easy but it is also essential to understand. Here is how to price match at Kohl’s:
- Once you find out a lower price at the Kohl’s competitor, you should bring the competitor’s local advertisement to the Kohl’s store, and an associate will verify and price match that item for you.
- However, you must make sure that the item you want to request a price match for, must be in stock and not out of stock at the competitor store at the time of requesting the price match.
There are some exclusions at Kohl’s, which means several items will not be price matched at Kohl’s. If you learn these, you will know which items are eligible at Kohl’s, and you will not waste your time. Here are some exclusions of the Kohl’s store:
- The merchandise which is coupon-excluded isn’t eligible for price match.
- When there are holidays like Thanksgiving, the advertised prices by Kohl’s or its competitors will not be price matched.
- The item shouldn’t be a clearance item, as these are excluded from the price match.
- Make sure the item is not a Buy One Get One (BOGO).
- The gift cards are not price matched.
Price Adjustment Process:
Price adjustment means you purchase something from a store, and later within a given time its price is reduced because of a sale. If you purchase an item at Kohl’s store or online, and within 14 days if the price for the item is lowered, you can request a price adjustment at Kohl’s. But there is a process for this, such as:
- First, you should bring the original receipt to their store and also show them the proof of low price at their competitors.
- Once they verify the price is low, they will price match for you.
Kohl’s Price Match Competitors List:
The Kohl’s store doesn’t have a specific competitors’ list but it price matches the stores that also have a physical location. When I contacted their customer service about that:
Here is what they replied:
“Yes, We do price match with stores like Target, best buy and more which have a physical store along with an Ecommerce website.”
Some Questions and Answers:
So in this article, you learned about Kohl’s price match and adjustment policies. But you may still have some questions. Here are some questions and answers to help you more:
When Kohl’s was founded?
Kohl’s was founded in 1962 by the Kohl family. The Kohl family still has a majority stake in the company.
Is Kohl’s a public or private company?
Kohl’s is a publicly traded company. Kohl’s Corporation has been included in the S&P 500 index, with the ticker symbol KSS.
Summary of this Article:
It is very important to know what Kohl’s price match and adjustment policies are before you go shopping. In this post, we looked at the various ways that they handle returns so you can be sure to get your money back if you have any problems with a purchase. If anything else in particular interests you about their return policy or store credit, let us know! We’ll be happy to answer any questions for free.