Costco is a multinational company that operates a chain of retail stores with membership-only and big-box. Costco is headquartered in Issaquah, Washington, and was founded on September 15th, 1983, by James D. Sinegal and Jeffrey H. Brotman. They built the first Costco warehouse in Seattle, Washington, which is still Costco’s headquarters today. Costco doesn’t price match its items, but it has a price adjustment policy.
Does Costco offer a Price Match on its Items?
No. Costco doesn’t do price match its competitors. And their reasons are valid, which you will find out in this article.
Does Costco offer Price Adjustment?
Unlike their competitors, Costco has a reasonable price adjustment policy. If you purchased an item and the price became lowered down as a promotion within 30 days of the purchase, Costco will happily make the price adjustment and will credit you the refund as a price difference.
The Costco price adjustment policy is also called Costco Price Match Guarantee.
So keep reading to find out how their price adjustment works, and what things you have to remember when requesting a price adjustment at Costco.
What are the Criteria of the Price Adjustment?
Here are the criteria, along with valuable steps which you should remember if you want to request a price adjustment at Costco:
- The first thing you should know is, Costco requires your membership to purchase anything from there. So make sure you already have a Costo Membership or go with someone who has a membership to buy anything from there.
- Costco only allows promotional price adjustment for their end consumers. For example, the resellers can only purchase valid promotional dates if they want to receive the promotional prices.
- If you have purchased something from Costco Warehouse, you should inquire the membership counter tell them the location where you have made that purchase.
- One thing you should remember to bring the original receipt of purchases if you want price adjustment, but if somehow you have lost the receipt, you should visit the customer service desk at Costco to get a duplicate receipt from there. They can print a receipt for you.
Price Adjustment Process:
Costco’s price adjustment policy is a win-win for customers because they will always save money and save future purchases. Costco grocery stores have everything you could ever need in one place, so it pays to shop there!
Here is the simple process:
- Once you purchased a product, you have 30 days to get a refund if the price gets reduced within a given time.
- When the price for an item reduces at Costco or its competitors, you should get proof of that promotional or reduced offer and contact Costco.
- They will need to confirm if that product is eligible for adjustment, and they will do that for you and give you a refund as a price difference.
- After you have claimed the partial refund as a price difference, you should know it may take somewhere from 3 to 5 to get credited.
- Simple as that!
Requesting Price Adjustment Online:
Costco offers price adjustment online so you can do that by filling a form online. Here is the form to fill https://customerservice.costco.com/app/promopricematch.
Other than that, you can also contact them at this number: 1 (800) 774-2678.
Costco has a Reasonable Price Adjustment!
Costco has an easy price adjustment policy that ensures customer satisfaction. If you purchase a product from Costco within the last 30 days, and its price lowers at Costco or its competitors, then Costco will adjust its selling price accordingly. The company also offers great deals with coupons right up front when shopping at any time, either through print ads or just walking into a physical location–so who wouldn’t want this deal?
Why Costco Doesn’t have a Price Match Policy?
They already have too competitive prices, which are the lowest possible when compared with most competitors. Other than that, if you are not satisfied with their items, they will offer a full refund for that purchase.
What is the Difference Between Price Match and Price Adjustment?
When you are dealing with a large merchant, it is important to understand the difference between price match and price adjustment.
Price match is a best practice if you want to buy something. You should always check out the price of an item before you buy it from the store and compare it with other costs on the Internet or in nearby stores.
The price adjustment policy is beneficial and gives you a partial refund when the price became lower.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
If you still have questions about Costco’s price adjustment policy. Here are some questions and answers to help you further in that:
1. Is being a Costco member, the only way to purchase on Costco?
Yes. Costco requires you to get their membership to buy from their store. They have two kinds of memberships:
Gold Star Membership.
Gold Star Executive Membership.
Both memberships have their own perks.
2. How to buy from Costco without a membership?
If you don’t have a membership with Costco, you can still buy from them but you would have to go with someone who has a membership. The reason you can do that because they allow members to bring guests with them.
Another way is using a Costco Cash Card, which works like a gift card.
Summary of this Article:
Costco doesn’t match their competitive prices but they do offer price adjustments on purchases. This means you can save money at the end of your shopping experience if the price drops simply by applying for a price adjustment refund. If you still have any questions about this article, please ask in the comments below and we will respond promptly!