Backcountry.com is a specialty retailer that has been around for more than 20 years, and they’re still going strong. Backcountry sells clothing and outdoor recreation gear for hiking, camping, road biking, mountain biking, rock climbing. They also sell equipment for fly fishing (including saltwater fly fishing), kayaking (both whitewater and sea kayaking), rafting/canoeing/kayaking (white water rafting), and road & trail running.
Backcountry’s most popular items include the Patagonia Men’s Down Sweater Jacket and many more.
In this article, you will learn about Backcountry’s price match and price adjustment policies.
Does Backcountry offer a Price Match Policy In-Store?
No. They do not price match in-store. But the price match is done online.
Does Backcountry Price Match Online?
Yes. The price match online. If you find an identical item that has a lower price than the Backcountry, you can use their live chat or call this number: 1-800-233-7159 to request a price match.
Does Backcountry have a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes. They have a price adjustment policy. If you have purchased an item and its price becomes lower within the last 30 days of your purchase, you get a price difference refund.
Price Match Criteria:
The Backcountry store has a price match criteria, which means some requirements for an item to be eligible for price match.
Here are the criteria:
The item must be identical.
Here is what their customer service says:
“Yes, we can typically match a listed price on another authorized US dealer’s site provided they’re advertising the same item listed on our site (same model, year, size, and color).”
The item you want to price match must be in stock at the competitor’s store.
Price Match Process:
The price match process at Backcountry is easy. Here is their price match process:
Once you have found an item at their competitor, you can call their number: 1-800-233-7159 or use their Live Chat and show them the link to price match.
The price match is done online-only, and it isn’t done in-store.
Exclusions mean the items which can’t be price matched. Backcountry has some exclusions, which are:
- Clearance or sales items
- Limited time offers and promotions such as Black Friday deals
- The items must be sold at an Authorised US retailer. Auction site items are not price matched.
- I contacted their customer service to confirm their exclusions for price matching.
Here is what they replied:
“it has to be an official retailer, and the price has to be displayed on the site. aka no coupons/promos.”
Price Adjustment Process:
The price adjustment process at Backcountry is done in a few ways such as:
- If you purchase an item from Backcountry.com and the item’s price gets lower within 30 days of your purchase, you can request a price match, and they will do that for you.
- Another way they explain on their website is, if you find an identical item at their competitor at a lower price, you can purchase that item from Backcountry. After purchasing the item, you can contact Backcountry, and you can show them the lower price at their competitor, and they will credit the refund to you like the price difference.
- But both ways, the price adjustment can be requested online by using their phone number or Live Chat.
Their Phone Number: 1-800-233-7159
For Live Chat, you don’t need a link. You can find it at the top right of their page or the bottom of the screen on their website by using the Chat button.
What’s eligible for returns?
- Unused gear can be returned at any time for a full refund.
- Used gear must be returned within 30 days of delivery and may only be refunded in the form of store credit.
- Products must be unused and in the condition as when received, with all tags attached.
- If products are damaged or not in the condition as when received, the customer is responsible for the cost of repairs.
- It typically takes 3-5 business days to process a return after receiving it.
- Customers can contact the Warranty Department for any issues related to defects in materials or workmanship on their gear.
- Used and undamaged gear, bikes, or bike frames will be issued store credit. However, the company may refuse returns that are damaged due to negligence or abuse.
- If you return something you bought with Expedition Perks rewards, you will not get the rewards back. You will only get the money for the thing you returned. For example, if you return a $100 thing and $20 in rewards were used, you will only get $80 back.
- When you need to make an exchange, the best way to do it is to return the original product and then place a new order. This way, you can be sure that you’ll get the new product quickly and that it won’t go out of stock while you wait. However, if you’d prefer to make an exchange without setting up a new order, you can call or chat with a Gearhead.
When you return something, you might get store credit. This credit can be used to buy things on the website. The credit will expire after a year, but other credits expire after 90 days.
If you have a warranty issue with a product, please email [email protected]. Please make sure to provide as much detail as possible in your email, including
- the order number
- purchase date
- product brand
- a brief description of the issue.
Most importantly, please attach photos of the item, including the defective area.
Backcountry offers a flat-rate $6.99 UPS shipping label for eligible customers within the contiguous US who return products that don’t need to ship freight. Simply go to your Order History and request a return to print this label. Alternatively, you can contact a Gearhead for assistance in creating an RMA number, which is needed to process your return.
*Products required to ship freight may include
- SUP boards
- cargo boxes
- car racks
- indoor cycles, and more.
Once you have your RMA number, simply write it outside your shipping container along with the order number and any other relevant information. Then drop off your return at a UPS store or mail it according to the instructions provided by Backcountry. Return shipping typically takes 3-5 business days once their warehouse has received your package.
Backcountry’s Price Match Competitor’s List:
There isn’t a specific competitors list at the Backcountry store. But they say they price match any retailer that is a US authorized dealer and has the identical item at a lower price.
Why is Backcountry popular?
Backcountry is a popular online store because it offers outdoor gear and clothing. Backcountry has been around for decades, and they have many products to offer, which are:
- Hiking Gear
- Camping Equipment
- Bike Accessories And Apparel
- Running Clothing And Footwear
Backcountry.com is an online specialty retailer that sells clothing and outdoor recreation gear for hiking, camping, road biking, mountain biking, rock climbing, winter sports. Backcountry is a popular retailer because they have many products to offer.
Some Questions and Answers:
So in this article, you learned about Backcountry’s price match and price adjustment policy. But you may still have some questions. Here are some questions and answers to help you more about this:
When was Backcountry.com founded?
It was founded in 1996.
How does Backcountry’s price match policy work?
You can find Backcountry’s Price Match Policy on their website, but you also have to ask them about the exclusions first. As mentioned above, Backcountry has some exclusions, for example, Clearance or sales items and Limited time offers and promotions such as Black Friday deals.
Why is Backcountry popular?
Backcountry is a popular online store because they have many products to offer. Backcountry has been around for decades which makes them trustworthy.
How does Backcountry’s price adjustment process work?
If you purchase an item from Backcountry.com and the item’s price gets lower within 30 days of your purchase, you can request a price match. Backcountry will do that for you, and they also explain another way on their website if you find an identical item at a competitor with a lower price. You can purchase that item from Backcountry after the difference of prices is credited to you, like what it was not discounted or anything else special about the product.
Summary of this Article:
This article has been about Backcountry’s price match and adjustment policy. Hopefully, we’ve answered any questions you might have had before making your purchase from this retailer. If not, please feel free to leave a comment below or check out our other blog posts for more information on these policies and how they can help make shopping at Backcountry easier!