West Marine is an American company in Watsonville, California. West Marine’s retail stores sell boating and fishing supplies. West Marine has 247 retail stores in North America. West Marine also has a price match policy for their customers.
This article discusses price match and adjustment policies of the West Marine Store.
Does West Marine Offer a Price Match In-Store?
Yes. They offer a price match in-store. You should know if the item is eligible for the price match and it qualifies for that. To find further about what makes the item eligible, you should read the price match criteria later in this article.
Does West Marine Offer a Price Match Online?
Yes. They offer a price match online. If you find anything at the lower price at their competitors, you can request a price match online, by the Live Chat with their associate, or you can also call their phone number.
Does West Marine Have a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes. West Marine has a price adjustment policy. If you purchase an item from them, and within 30 days of purchase, if the item’s price becomes lower, you can request a price adjustment if you find the identical item at the lower price at the competitor. Once they verify the item if it is eligible for the price adjustment, they will adjust the price and refund you the price difference.
Price Match Criteria:
The West Marine store has a price match criteria. This means several items or deals should fulfill the criteria to be eligible for the price match. Here are the criteria:
- The item should be identical at the competitor and the West Marine store.
- The local competitor store should be within 50 miles of the West Marine store.
- In the case of Amazon, it should directly be from Amazon.
- The prices should be the actual prices of the items without the sales and shipping prices.
- In the case of wholesalers, the retail prices will be price matched.
Price Match Process:
There is a price match process that is essential to learn about. If you know its price match process, you will know how to request a price match easily. Here is the process:
- If you find an identical item at the West Marine competitor at a lower price, you should visit their store and request a price match before purchasing the item.
- For requesting a price match, you should show them the competitor’s advertisement with the lower price.
- Once an associate confirms the item’s price and finds out if it meets the requirements of the price match, it will match the price of the item.
- To request the price match online, you should contact their customer service online. This can be done by chat or phone number.
- Here is the link to their Live Chat
- Here is their phone number: 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)
- Once you contact them, you should provide them the competitor information such as the product name, the links, and the prices.
- Once they confirm the item if it is eligible, they will price match the item for you.
Like any store that has a price match policy, they usually have some exclusions for price matching. West Marine store has some exclusions. Which means they do not price match several items or deals. Here are the exclusions:
- These items are not price matched:
- The coupon offers.
- The refurbished items.
- The items that are open-box.
- The auctions that include eBay.
- The Amazon Marketplace items.
- The deferred interest programs.
- The services such as delivery and installation.
- These are excluded from the price match:
- The Cyber Week Promotions.
- Sales such as the Flash Sales.
- Buy One Get One offers.
- The warranties and the PLUS plans.
- The loyalty promotions.
- Gift with purchase.
- Going-out-of-business sales.
- The expired advertisements.
- Pricing errors.
- West Marine Pro prices for the retail customers.
- The in-store services.
- The expired advertisements are not price matched.
Price Adjustment Process:
The West Marine has a price adjustment process so that you can request the price adjustment after purchasing an item from them if the price has become lower within 30 days of purchase. Here is the process:
- To request a price adjustment, you should bring the advertisement proof of lower price to the store with the purchase receipt.
- Once they verify the item for the price and other requirements, they will adjust the price and refund you the price difference.
West Marine’s Price Matching Competitors List:
Like many stores with a price match and adjustment policies, they have specific competitors for price matching. The West Marine doesn’t have the price matching competitors list, but their eligible competitors should be:
- The local stores should be 50 miles within the West Marine stores.
- They include Amazon, but the items should be sold directly from Amazon.
Why is West Marine popular?
West Marine is popular because they have more than 200 stores in North America. West Marine has been able to provide the best customer service. West Marine still offers its customers a friendly and helpful staff that will help them find what they need for fishing or boating. They also offer yearly memberships not to have to worry about paying for all of your West Marine purchases every time.
West marine also provides its customers with a full range of products for fishing and boating, including the latest technology in electronics such as GPS systems.
West Marine is popular because they have made it easy to find what you need so that you can get back on the water or out on the lake without any hassle. West Marine also has the best price match policy because they are willing to meet or beat competitors’ prices and provide you with great customer service, which is a win-win situation for customers.
Some Questions and Answers:
So in this article, you learned about the West Marine’s price match and adjustment policy. But like many other people, you may still have some questions. Here are some questions and answers to help you more about this:
When was West Marine founded?
West Marine was founded in 1968. West marine is one of the oldest chains on boat supplies and fishing items store.
How many West Marine stores are there?
West Marina has 243 retail locations around North America.
Who owns West Marine?
L Catterton owns the West Marine.
Summary of this Article:
We hope you found this article helpful. Now that you know the West Marine price match policy, your shopping should be much easier. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know in a comment below!