Big Lots is a big-box store that has been around for over 50 years. They are known to be a low-cost retailer with extensive, high-quality items at prices you can afford. But did you know that they also have a fantastic price matching policy?
This article discusses the price match and adjustment policies of the Big Lots store.
Does Big Lots Offer a Price Match Policy?
Yes. Big Lots offers a price match in-store. Not only its prices but also its competitors. What you need to request a price match is; the proof of lower price. Once their associate verifies the item whether it is eligible, they will price match the item for you.
Does Big Lots Offer a Price Match Online?
Yes. The Big Lots store price match online. If you find a lower price at the competitor, you should contact Big Lots’ customer service to request a price match. Once they verify the item, they will price match the item for you.
Does Big Lots Store Have a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes. Big Lots offers the price adjustment. If you purchase an item from the Big Lots store or the Biglots.com, and later within 7 days if you find they or their competitors have the lower price for the identical item, they will price adjust for you.
Price Match Criteria:
If a store offers a price match, it usually would have the price match criteria. The criteria mean that the item should fulfill some criteria to be eligible for the price match. Here are the Big Lots price match criteria:
- The item must be identical such as its size, color, model, and quantity.
- The item you want to request the price match for should be in stock at the Big Lots store, and it should offer a lower price on the day when you request the price match at the Big Lots store.
Price Match Process:
Before you learn about the process, you should know that the Big Lots in-store price matches its online website biglots.com and the biglots.com price matches the Big Lots store items. But there are some exceptions.
Such as, if there are some exclusive online discounts, these will not be price matched at the store.
Here is the price match process:
- Once you find the identical item at the competitor, you should visit the Big Lots store with the advertisement as the lower price proof. This can also be the advertisement photo.
- Once one of their associates verifies the item, they will price match for you.
Like any store that offers the price match, it usually has some exclusions. The Big Lots store also has some exclusions. Here are the exclusions:
- The retailers, who are online only and do not have a physical store, are excluded from the price match policy.
- The promotions like some dollars off or percent off aren’t price matched.
- The stores that require a membership fee are excluded from the price match.
- Any offers that include bundled offers or gift cards are excluded.
- The mail-in offers or financing offers are not price matched.
- The items like clearance, closeouts, used, damaged, or previously owned are excluded from the price match.
Price Adjustment Process:
The price adjustment happens when you purchase an item from a store, and later its price is reduced because of a sale at the same store or the competitor’s store. If the store has a price adjustment policy, they will refund the price difference to you. Big Lots offers a price adjustment policy, and here is how it works. Here is the process:
- If you purchase an item from the Big Lots store, and later the price is reduced because of a sale at the Big Lots store or its competitor’s store, you can request a price adjustment within 7 days of the purchase.
- To request the price match, you would have to bring the purchase receipt with the date included and advertisement proof of lower price at the Big Lots store or the competitor.
- Once one of their associates verify the item if it is eligible, they will price match for you.
Big Lots Price Matching Competitors List:
The Big Lots store doesn’t have a specific competitors list but, this store only price matches the stores which have the local store and aren’t online-only stores. So to request a price match, you have to confirm the competitor has a physical store and not only the online store.
Why is Big Lots popular?
The Big Lots store offers big, low-cost items for the whole family. The prices are always very affordable and attractive to customers who want to save money. There is a big variety of products that cover all needs (food, home supplies, clothes), and they update their product line every month to keep up with customer demand. Their big stores have a wide selection of big items, and this store is famous for their incredible clearance section, which can be the best place to find big bargains.
Some Questions and Answers:
So in this article, you learned about the Big Lots store’s price match and adjustment policies. But like many people, you may still have some questions. Here are some questions and answers to help you more about this:
Summary of this Article:
When was the Big Lots store founded?
The Big Lots store was founded in 1967.
Who owns the Big Lots?
This store is owned by Consolidated International, Inc. Big Lots is an American retail company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. This store deals in furniture, electronics, and many other items.
How many are Big Lots stores?
The big lots store has over 1400 stores across 47 states in the USA.
So now that you know the Big Lots price match and adjustment policies, it should be a lot easier to find what you’re looking for. If there’s anything we missed, please let us know in the comments section below!